Forum
Register
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: seaford angling club east sussex

Re: seaford angling club east sussex 3 years 2 months ago #249

I can confirm there is definitely more than one big grass carp in there, I know the bloke who had a 43lb 8oz out, which as we know was just shy of the british record back when it was caught, the problem is people assume they can turn up to a fishery and catch the biggest fish or catch one of the bigger ones at the very least, I have recently been down the Old River and done 3 48hr sessions in the past 3 weeks and only had 2 carp both under 10lb, yet I am in no doubt the bigger fish are around, they are just never easy to catch, even more so now because anglers have been down there in the past 3-4 seasons chucking in way too much bait, it has definitely become more pressured which has resulted in the fishing being so much harder than before these big grass carp were caught.

I can also say the bloke that caught the original big grass carp is in no way a liar and also the fact I have seen pictures of the thing means I am in no doubt that they are in there, lets be honest grass carp are not the easiest fish to catch at the best of times, least of all when the water has been as pressured as it has over the last few years.

I have also heard there are meant to be some 20's in Piddinghoe, although tbh these are just rumours, I haven't actually have visual confirmation or confirmation from the club, but it would not surprise me in the least if this was the case, I just wonder why hardly anyone fishes it, as Im sure if fished as hard as the Old River has been lately it could produce some nice fish, although it could do with a stock increase or at least some sort of idea of levels of stock in it currently.

Anyone have any thoughts about Piddinghoe?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: seaford angling club east sussex 3 years 2 months ago #250

• johnybig
hi there,i must state i know the 43lb came out when it did and iam NOT saying the pb holder is a liar,this is about the club not the angerlers! but even committee members have douts the big carp are still in there!! so that says something!!
and theres no 20lb carp in pidds,big pearch thoe if any one is intrested

Re: seaford angling club east sussex 3 years 2 months ago #251

• dave the rave
seen this post afew weeks ago but couldnt be botherd to get involed!! been a member for sac for over 5 years you get wot you pay for its cheap and cheerfull.
johnybig you may need to find other places to fish if your not happy!! but i must say i have also heard the bigens have been sold but it wouldnt hurt the club to sort a photo album out on there web page so every one can send photos in.the proberlm is the macth guys dont like the carpers up there and kick up a stink and make proberlems wouldnt be surprised if they started the romurs about the big fish being sold.

also i do agree with the other guy post there is way to much bait being chucked in,some guy chucked in 18 kilos of vitalin and trout pellets at 10am and was gone buy 8am the next day to me that is pointless

johny big you may also want to go up there when the fish are spawning you want belive your eyes when you see them there 100s in there but like i say i have also heard wot your talking about and this is not the first site i have came across talking about this club!!

Re: seaford angling club east sussex 3 years 2 months ago #252

• dave the rave
i also dont belive there 20 in piddinho but should be how big that water is

Re: seaford angling club east sussex 3 years 2 months ago #253

• johnybig
i have seen them when there spawning dave the rave, your right you do get what you pay and we prberly seen each other up there ive been a member for 3 season,

what do you think about the swims being closed off for ballif own use? and what is the other web site called thats talking about s.a.c
thanks

Re: seaford angling club east sussex 3 years 2 months ago #254

Yes the fish may well have been moved however no proof of this will ever come to light unless they do stock checks on the place which tbh I can't see happening, what I don't get is if the match anglers are not happy about the Carp anglers turning up etc... why don't they solve this issue by making Piddinghoe a specimen lake, transfer the majority of the larger fish from the old river to Piddinghoe then they can run the Old River as more of a coarse/match lake, obviously they would have to arrange for some sort of deal to coincide with the sailing club there, alternatively they can give up the lease on both fisheries and let someone who gives a f*** about all round fishing take them over and run them properly!!!

The thing that annoys me is that yes they obviously can't bow to pressure from everyone who wants an input in the running of the club but they could at least take on board these ideas and maybe implement them in a way thats both beneficial to them as a club and also its members, after all where would they be without the members?!?
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Newsletter

Receive regular updates & newsletters from UK Fisherman ...

Recommended

Promote your Business

Advertise at UK Fisherman

FREE and PREMIUM fishery, fishing holidays, fishing club & tackle store listings.

Read more

Website Design

Website design for angling businesses

Let UK Fisherman bring your products/services to a wider angling audience.

Read more

Angling Newsletter

UK angling and fishing news

News, reviews, competition details, tackle sales & more, direct to your inbox.

Angling Forum

UK angling and fishing forum

You're sure to find something to rant on about in our anglers forum. Sign up today!!

Join now